|Elpidio Valdés gets old: – I made this drawing and after few days it got quickly more than 1,000 shares on Facebook among Cubans.|
Now after more than 50 years of a socialist totalitarian system that already failed and worsened with the U.S. embargo, there is a serious demographic problem because of the low birth rate and high migration of the young working force. The aging population problem is perfectly explained here:
So we then have a high number of elderly people that worked hard believing in the Revolution process who are currently walking the streets selling newspapers, candies, peanuts, or even begging. These are our real-life heroes: our fathers, mothers, and grandparents. In the best-case scenario, they are at home watching TV and reading newspapers waiting for a call from their sons and grandsons from Florida or many other cities of the world where young Cubans have gone.
Finally, linking this all together, we have the caricature of our elder Elpidio Valdés. Our hero is defeated and behind his gaze, we see all our elders waiting for better times, every day the time shortens for them.
- I uploaded the drawing to Facebook as a video with music from the cartoon series, and it got more than 1,000 shares. Click here to watch.
- Yoani Sanchez, a notorious Cuban blogger ask me to use the image and wrote a post about it.
- Cibercuba.com, a popular news website published the story and tagged my drawing as “viral”.
- “El Nuevo Herald” (from The Miami Herald) asked me for an interview and published a detailed article about my caricature.
- Free Low Poly Donald Trump 3D Character Low Poly Donald Trump 3D Character is a minimalist artistic representation inspired by the most relevant features of the real person. It is rigged in 3Ds Max and ready to use for animations and games. It also includes FBX format and Unity Demo. Brought for you by me, for FREE…
- pX SpritesRender: Renders Sprite Sheet from Animated… This will help you to render sprites of animated 3D models from multiple view angles. Create a Sprite Sheet and separate images to use them in your 2D Games. Installation Download by "right-click save as" or visit the folder at Github. Install the script copy the file pxSpritesRender.ms in your…
- Joining Images to Create Sprite Sheet: Update to pX… I made this free script a few years ago for easy rendering of multiple views of an animated character in 3Ds Max. My script leaves the rendered frames as separated images, and I recommended the use of free utility "Glueit" to join them after. Recently I noticed the link to…