Imagine you want to use the useful Symmetry Tool dialog in 3ds Max to create Morph Targets and when you select your model it detects many vertices as non-symmetrical. Fix that manually is painful and I didn’t find any quick solution out there. Then I made this script.
It will fix as much vertices as possible. My script not only takes mirrored position with distance tolerance, it also analyze vertices associations based on the edges they share. So no matter how messy your symmetry is, as long as some neighbors vertices are still symmetrical my algorithm can determinate the best candidate to pair with, the same way we naturally do with our eyes watching their edges connections on each side of the supposed symmetrical mesh.
You can download it here: [Download pxSymmetryTool.ms]
Using the script:
– Open the script on MaxScript Editor
– Select your mesh, it works only with Editable Poly!
– Execute! (Ctrl+E).
– Wait for the process. It takes some time if your mesh is high. (Not optimized yet)
If you want to change the tolerance or the direction of the symmetry fix, edit the parameters manually in the code:
NOTE: The script is still a Work In Progress! Please share any problems you find here in the comments or contacting me by e-mail.
- Free Lowpoly Donald Trump 3D Character Lowpoly Donald Trump 3D Character is a minimalist artistic representation inspired by the most relevant features of the real person. Rigged in 3ds Max and ready to use for animations and games. Includes FBX format and Unity Demo. Brought for you, by me, for FREE download using Creative Commons Attribution…
- Free Donald Trump High Quality 3D Caricature Many people are saying, this is the best 3D Trump caricature of the Internet. Believe me. After 2 years on TurboSquid it has more downloads than any other president ever, specially Obama. Winning bigly! Today on CyberMonday we're going to make Trump 3D Model free. Denys is tired of winning, he's a…
- Set Biped Keys Continuity to Zero, tiny MaxScript After many years annoyed by this issue, decided to make a simple 3ds Max script and it works. Those still animating with Biped like me, know that every time you set a new key, if needed you have to set manually the continuity, 3ds Max doesn't remeber the last value…