Imagine you want to use the useful Symmetry Tool dialog in 3ds Max to create Morph Targets and when you select your model it detects many vertices as non-symmetrical. Fix that manually is painful and I didn’t find any quick solution out there. Then I made this script.
It will fix as much vertices as possible. My script not only takes mirrored position with distance tolerance, it also analyze vertices associations based on the edges they share. So no matter how messy your symmetry is, as long as some neighbors vertices are still symmetrical my algorithm can determinate the best candidate to pair with, the same way we naturally do with our eyes watching their edges connections on each side of the supposed symmetrical mesh.
You can download it here: [Download pxSymmetryTool.ms]
Using the script:
– Open the script on MaxScript Editor
– Select your mesh, it works only with Editable Poly!
– Execute! (Ctrl+E).
– Wait for the process. It takes some time if your mesh is high. (Not optimized yet)
If you want to change the tolerance or the direction of the symmetry fix, edit the parameters manually in the code:
NOTE: The script is still a Work In Progress! Please share any problems you find here in the comments or contacting me by e-mail.
- Free Lowpoly Donald Trump 3D Character Lowpoly Donald Trump 3D Character is a minimalist artistic representation inspired by the most relevant features of the real person. Rigged in 3ds Max and ready to use for animations and games. Includes FBX format and Unity Demo. Brought for you, by me, for FREE download using Creative Commons Attribution…
- Free LowPoly Style Casual Couple 3D Characters I'm giving away for free download this male and female 3D rigged characters. LowPoly 3D style is not only attractive is also easy to handle, lightweight mesh data ideal for mobile games and presentations. Characters in very low polygon count don't have to be ugly, the right hand-made simplification preserving…
- Free Polygon Painting Script and LowPoly Owl pX Poly Paint is a 3ds Max script I felt the need to develop when started creating #LowPoly style models. Based on a basic principle: Each face will have a single flat color from a texture pixel. Then we don't need to make traditional UV Mapping, just map all a…